Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express - DB Read step with variables

webberr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Using IPCC Express 4.0.5. I have a DB Read step that is pulling call coverage info from CallManager about particular extensions. Under the "Field Selection" tab I have:

In this case it successfully pulls the info for extension 66960. What I really want is to replace '66960' with a variable that gets set earlier in the script.

Does anyone have experience with this? I can create a String variable called "test." However if I replace '66960' with $test I get a "SQL Statement variable not defined: test" error message.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks - Rob.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wbreitzke
Level 1
Level 1

Can you ceck if you have a carriage return after the variable "test" in the db read step. If so, deleting the same will allow to save the step with variable in the query without any error message.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

wbreitzke
Level 1
Level 1

Can you ceck if you have a carriage return after the variable "test" in the db read step. If so, deleting the same will allow to save the step with variable in the query without any error message.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I meant to include in my original post that I had defined:

SELECT DNOrPattern, CFADestination,

CFBDestination, CFNADestination FROM NumPlan

WHERE (DNOrPattern = $Test)

As my SQL statement. I didn't look closely, but the Script Editor was actually coming back with an error message something like: SQL statement variable unknown: Test)

The script thought the variable included the trailing parenthesis! I changed my statement to:

WHERE (DNOrPattern = $Test )

Note the space between $Test and ). Now it works great. Urrgh!

Hi;

Just I would like to know two issues that might help me in understanding this post that really I need it:

1) Are u doing that from the ICM script or from the CRS (ipivr)?

2) These script are written in the SQL server or in the IPCCE? Where exactly?

Any advise?

Regards

Bilal

Hi,

Yes, I am doing this in an IP-IVR script, but its very similar to IPCC Express.

So this is not specific to IPCCE. The step I am referring to is a "DB Read" step used in the Cisco CRA Editor used for IP-IVR and IPCC Express.

Rob.

Dear Rob;

You mean that the following script was written at CRS at "DB Read" step, correct?

WHERE (DNOrPattern = $Test )

Regards

Bilal

Hi,

Yes, that is correct.

Rob.

OK Rob, that is good. Thanks for ur help.

Do u have idea when to use the ODBC and when to read / write from the DB directly without ODBC?

Any advise?

Regards

Bilal

Hi webber

I want to use DB get step in my script can you send me your script using DB get step thanks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: