cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error after upgrading to newest VPN client

m.saunders
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone gotten the following message after upgrading to either of the newest VPN clients? 4.x.x or 5.x.x?

secure VPN connection terminated locally by the client. the remote peer is no longer responding. -> reason 412

My clients either can't connect, or they constantly get disconnected.

7 Replies 7

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

VPN adptor has also drivers.

Can you check into device manager of that PC all are drivers present for VPN adapter.

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. if the VPN adaptor was not present, they wouldn't be able to connect in the first place. One lady can connect, but she constantly gets disconnected.

I have had this.

crypto isakmp policy 5

authentication pre-share

encryption aes-256

hash sha

group 5

lifetime 86400

crypto isakmp policy 10

authentication pre-share

encryption aes-256

hash sha

group 2

lifetime 864000

Policy 5 will not work but policy 10 will.

Also be carefull which order you put them in.

Hi ashley, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Why does policy 10 work over policy 5??

When you set the policy you give it a number. When the client starts to negotiate it starts at the lowest policy and works its way through, however, I have found that the client negotiation will often stop at a partial match policy, e.g.

crypto isakmp policy 5

authentication pre-share

encryption aes-256

hash sha

group 5

lifetime 86400

crypto isakmp policy 10

authentication pre-share

encryption aes-256

hash sha

group 2

lifetime 864000

Lets say that the client will only work with policy 10, however, as it negotiates policy 5 it finds a match with AES and SHA but will not work with group 5, it can hang. the next time the client logs in it dismisses policy 5 and goes to 10, works perfectly. Move policy 10 to 5 and it will work every time.

Hope this helps, please let me know if this cures the issue.

Thanks Ashley. Actually, all of my policies are pretty much the same so I don't think that's the issue:

crypto isakmp policy 10

encr 3des

hash md5

authentication pre-share

group 2

!

crypto isakmp policy 11

encr 3des

authentication pre-share

group 2

!

crypto isakmp policy 20

encr 3des

hash md5

authentication pre-share

group 2

!

crypto isakmp policy 30

encr 3des

hash md5

authentication pre-share

Hi. Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the exact same problem...

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: