CCNA Test Question

Unanswered Question
Aug 29th, 2007

I'm scheduled to take my first CCNA test on Thurs, Sept 6th. I started off with Cisco: A Beginner's Guide from McGraw Hill, then I read the Sybex CCNA Study Guide by Todd Lammle. In addition, I've done all of the labs included in the study guide on a router simulation program. I've also taken the tests on and Certsim 1.0 with success after a couple of failed attempts. I've been studying my ass off for 3 months but I'm not sure if I've covered all of the material necessary to pass the exam. Do you guys think I should hold off on the test to practice a little more? Are there any other materials I should look at in the next week? I was also wondering, what were some of the harder questions you've faced on the exam? I'm a little tight on money right now and I really want to pass this exam. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
NateBattle Thu, 08/30/2007 - 05:09

Sounds like you have done a lot of prep work. The decision as to whether or not you should take the test really depends on your confidence. If you are confident with subnetting, router and switch configurations, boot processes, access list configurations, NAT/PAT, trouble shooting, WAN technologies, OSPF, RIP, IGRP, and EIGRP you should do fairly well.

dsobrinho Thu, 08/30/2007 - 08:33

The material of Sybex is great for your exam. I suggest you schedule your exam.

srue Thu, 08/30/2007 - 08:50

make sure you can do subnetting questions very quickly. I've read lots of posts here by test takers running out of time because of this.

exec0721a Thu, 08/30/2007 - 10:23

Hey guys, thanks so much for the input! I was feeling pretty confident up until I saw the many difficulties that people have encountered with certain questions on the exam. What kind of simulation questions should I expect on the exam? I get the impression that they more or less have to do with troubleshooting scenarios like misconfigured ip addresses or routing protocols. I'm just hoping that I won't encounter a simulation question on something like frame relay or Virtual LANs. Although I'd have to say that I feel pretty comfortable with Virtual LANs and subnetting altogether (luckily I've gotten used to subnetting in my head). I was also wondering if the subnetting questions on the exam were including ip subnet zero? I've taken a few practice exams and I often get some subnetting questions wrong because the test doesn't specify whether or not the network that is being subnetted is including ip subnet zero.

This Discussion