WLSE questions, please help

Unanswered Question
Aug 29th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi guys, I have so many questions about WLSE, but let me start from the begining. Im with a client who uses WLSE 2.13 and 13 APs. The client is using the Deployment Wizard to configure the APs, by means of DHCP and config file in the WLSE. Every time the AP reloads, it gets a new IP address and it gets the same configuration as before. Here are my questions:

1.- Is this the best way to do this? The configuration is never saved in the NVRAM of the APs.

We are also configuring automatically WDS, but this configuration uses the IP the AP has at that time...

2.- Is this ok? when the AP reloads it gets a new IP, same configuration and the WLSE should again configure this APs as the WDS automatically?

As you can see, all the APs have the same configuration, so they have the same name and everyting else. We are planning to use Radio Management, but as I see it, we need to save every AP config in their NVRAM, because the specific parameters from the radio scans. If we dont save it, everytime we restart an AP i guess we have to do the radio scan all over again.

Am i talking nosense?

Thanks in advance!

Omar

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
diro Sun, 09/02/2007 - 22:47
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hi,

In DHCP you should configure the AP's with a fixed address and Name and supply them with option 66/67 that directs the ap to the wlse.

The startup-template, the one it gets when it boots up (option 66/67) should be given once only at first boot, this should contain general parameters like: snmp, telnet, web access.

The complete configuration should be in a auto-managed template, which is loaded when the ap becomes managed.

To avoid that the ap always reloads the bootup config you should use the following command int the bootup template:

"no boot upgrade"

Hope this helps you,

Dimitri

reevess Wed, 10/17/2007 - 20:31
User Badges:

IF you are using the WLSE Express, I wish you good luck. I could never get any assistance. The seller directed me to Cisco and Cisco directed me to the seller. I will check back to see if you get any kind if help.

THanks.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network