cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Java error when launching IDM

kenc
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried Java v1.5,1.6 or the version posted on the Cisco Web Site but still no luck HTTPs into the box. When it launches, it displays error

your current Java memory heap size is less than 256MB. You must increaste the java memory heap size before launching IDM...

I looked up help, it says to add -Xmx256m to the parameter field. So I did it and launched browser again, it came back with "The Java Runtime Environment cannot be loaded".

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

jimmy-mcintyre
Level 1
Level 1

I am having exactly the same issue. Did you get an answer from somewhere else?

I did some research on the net; the only solution around it is to use netscape instead. it will work just fine.

I'm having the exact same problem. I tried it with netscape and IE7, both of which crash when I load up the IDM. I also tried older versions of java to no avail. Firefox also doesn't work, I get the same error I initially got and yes, I set the heap size to values equal to or greater than 256.

Any suggestions?

kenc
Level 1
Level 1

are you running IE or Netscape?

russellderr
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same error and found that 1.6 does not work. If you have it installed, uncheck it and IDM will work. (see attachment)

you need to set the heap size for the version you are running. if you click the help button on the message box that pops up it explains exactly how to modify this value. i don't recall exactly the string to type..please reply if you still have issues and i will get you a screenshot.

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

This is a general problem with Java at the time of launching of IDM or ADSM etc. I came across the same problem several times.

Please uninstall the installed JAva from your machine. Re-Install the same with the mentioned version & do the following as per the instruction of adding the heap size. It will surely be over comed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card