Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Archive device configs

jpugliese
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are currently having problems with config archive management jobs. We have over 500 devices discovered in Ciscoworks, all appears to be working well apart from the config archive management.

No config archives have been successful.

Ciscoworks is running the following:-

Common Services 3.0.5

Campus Manager 4.0.8

CiscoView 6.1.5

DFM 2.0.8

RME 4.0.5

All config management synch jobs fail with the following error:-

*** Device Details for wao-acc37-ew3-1 *** Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable

CM00139 Could not archive config Cause: Action: Verify that device is managed and credentials are correct. Increase timeout value, if required.

No CLI Output for this job

I have seen similar issues previously discussed on this forum, but can find no way of getting round this solution.

I have increased timeouts as discussed in other topics.

All device credentials are set in Common Services--> Device Credentials--> Device Management. Primary username & password, enable password and SNMPv2 RO/RW community strings. There are no firewalls between the management station and the devices.

I've enabled debugging in archive management logging and can include a snapshot of the log file if required.

Is this a known issue that has been addressed by a previous patch, or am I missing something obvious.

I would appreciate any advice on this.

Regards,

Joe.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to run this command:

C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\MDC\bin\ccraccess -addResource RME_DCMA Configurations Custom D:\RMEConfig "" archive_dir

Then restart dmgtd. That should get config archive working again.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If all config archive jobs are failing, this should be very easy to troubleshoot. First, restart the ConfigMgmtServer process:

pdterm ConfigMgmtServer

pdexec ConfigMgmtServer

Next, enable debugging for ArchiveMgmt Service under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings.

Then, pick ONE DEVICE from your list, and perform a sync archive job for that one device from RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Sync Archive.

When the job fails, get the dcmaservice.log, compress it, and attach it to this thread. Additionally, is this server integrated with ACS? What is the System Identity User (found under Common Services > Server > Security > System Identity Setup)?

he Server is standalone. All our devices use tacacs.

The System Identity User is admin.

I've restarted the ConfigMgmtServer process, ran a synch archive for one specific device and attached the resulting dcmaservice.log.

I've ran one synch with boxes ticked from the Job Options "Poll device before config collection" and "Fetch startup config", and one without these option selected.

Regards,

Joe.

Looks like regdaemon.xml is missing some entries. This may point to a bad installation. Please post NMSROOT/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml. Note: if the data in this file is sensitive, you should open a TAC service request, and include that file there.

regdaemon.xml attached.

Thanks.

You need to run this command:

C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\MDC\bin\ccraccess -addResource RME_DCMA Configurations Custom D:\RMEConfig "" archive_dir

Then restart dmgtd. That should get config archive working again.

Running this command and then ensuring correct write permission to the directory structure fixed our problem.

All archives now appear to be working.

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards,

Joe.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: