cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AUX Port on a 7960 IP Phone

davidblu
Level 1
Level 1

This should be an easy question, but a search of Cisco doesn't seem to pull up the answer.

The AUX port on the back of 7960 IP Phones isn't really mentioned in any of the 7960 documents. What is it actually used for?

What sort of implementation/setup would require or use the AUX port?

Is there any documentation on this?

I came across a few Analog Polycoms plugged into the AUX port today. I'm almost certain it was a mistake by the cabler, but still it got me thinking...

Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

7960 AUX port is commonly used for connecting Cisco 7914 Expansion Module.

Some info about other devices that could be connected to AUX port you can find in "Lantronix Application Extension SDK for Cisco IP Phones.doc" delivered in IP Phones Services SDK.

--

regards,

PK

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

7960 AUX port is commonly used for connecting Cisco 7914 Expansion Module.

Some info about other devices that could be connected to AUX port you can find in "Lantronix Application Extension SDK for Cisco IP Phones.doc" delivered in IP Phones Services SDK.

--

regards,

PK

Thanks PK.

I feel a little silly now - I should have remembered that it was for a 7914... I installed one a while back.

The only mention of the AUX port is in this document about 7914 expansion modules, which is a PDF (http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps1856/c1626/ccmigration_09186a00802def03.pdf), so I guess that's why my search on Cisco.com didn't reveal anything.

Thanks again for your help on what was a silly question :)

David

hi all,

AUX port is also used to connect the wireless adapter to 796x,794x,797x series phones.

This wireless adapter helps to synchronize the  plantronics c50 , c70 series wireless headsets for 796x,794x,797x

good day....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: