cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN errors

mljevakovic
Level 3
Level 3

I have PRI ISDN connection between Cisco 2801 VoIP gateway and PBX (Bosch) also I have another PRI ISDN to PSTN. From some phones on PBX I have outgoing i incoming calls but from others I cannot make outgoing calls. In the attach I put debug isdn q931 for phones that cannot make a call.

19 Replies 19

Avner Izhar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Try to verify the B channel selection order, make sure that the PBX is using descending and the gateway is using ascending (to eliminate collisions).

Also, you can add the 'isdn bchan negotiate' under the serial interface, that might help.

IMHO your problem is not in the 'Channel_ID IE invalid 96' message, but in the channel negotiation process.

HTH, Avner.

I agree with aizhar, thing is that PBX is not indicating a channel at all in the setuo message hence the router complains.

Which IOS on the router ?

c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-3g

For a stable release please upgrade to latest 12.4 mainline or even better to 12.4(11)XJ4 that has many bug fixes.

After that please take the trace again and we can see what can be done in the case the PBX insist not indicating a channel at setup time.

what about this version c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T1

Should be OK, however it is an higher risk compared to XJ4 that is the fourth maintenance release and very stable in all my installations.

At first I will describe current situation. I have router 2801 with IOS c2801-spservicesk9-mz.124-3g (in last message I made a mistake I've put c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-3g) and two E1 card.

Also there is Bosch PBX with E1 card to PSTN. I did next: took PRI ISDN from PBX(for PSTN) and put to one E1 card on router, another E1 card from router I've connect to PBX E1. In the attach is my configuration (I think it's correct.)

I've tried what you suggested me (aizhar "isdn negotiate-bchan" also "isdn bchan-number-order ascending" and "isdn bchan-number-order descending" but every time I got the same message "ISDN Se0/2/0:15 **ERROR**: CCPMSG_InCall: Channel_ID IE invalid 96 (0x60)"

(see the attach)

I didn't replace IOS with suggested version because I didn't have with me last nigh (2801-spservicesk9-mz.124-11.XJ4 is this one correct?)I will do it tomorrow night :(

As I said from digital extension on PBX it works but from analog is the problem).PLS any kind of HELP or advice. :(

Looks like the calls coming from the pbx, does not have called party sent with them. and since your router has direct-inward-dial, it can't do anything with them.

Just to be sure, try to remove the direct-inward-dial from dial-peer 20 and see if you get a secondary dial tone and can dtmf the destination 4 digits.

R U sure about the primary-net5 and the network side you have configured on the pri interface? what can you see from the other pbx? It should send the called party hence my suspicions that the parameters might be wrong.

Let me know, Avner.

I'm sure that is PRI ISDN switch net5.Also E1 towards PSTN is "user" PRI and towards PBX is "network" PRI. In both cases PRI switch is "primary-net5".

In the first attach I put debug isdn q931 for successful call where user from local number 145 call outside number (mobile phone). In the second attach I put debug isdn q931 for unsuccessful call.

Also when I don't have DID in dial-peer 20 I have next situation: when I call numbers 286145 from outside I get sounds from router and after that I have to press local number 145 (in this case) and have successful call (phone rings).

Mljeva,

what your PBX is trying to do, is in-band dialing, as you can see it does not indicate a called number neither a B-channel. For this latter problem, it seems the router is providing a channel so it's OK. But the destination number is still missing.

Please try configuring "isdn overlap-receiving" under the interface and let's see if the router does recognizes the digits this way. If it does not, I can think of some trick using "connection plar", but the best would be if you can configure the PBX to send digits via D-channel, either enbloc, or overlap.

If all the PRI is set correctlly with regards to the bosch side, then perhaps it is (the bosch) configured to not send the called number on this pri link.

Has this port ever worked (the bosch side)?

Looks like we need someone to check from the bosch side.

regards, Avner.

As I was saying before, lack of called number means overlap dialing. The PBX will communicate the number to be called via tones or ISDN INFO messages, one for each digit dialed by the user.

This technique allows to avoid any inter-digit timeout associate with enbloc dialing, hence minimize post-dial delay.

So the interface has to be configured with "isdn overlap-receiving".

A current situation is that PBX use E1(PRI) to PSTN and serves loc numbers (this works now). We'd like to put another E1 in PBX and connect to router who should provide telephony services to remote location. But this doesn't work because the PBX cannot provide transition from PSTN's E1 to router's E1 (a guy who configure PBX said this).Because of this we put two e1s one to PSTN the second to PBX. We took PSTN's PRI from PBX and connect to one E1 on the router. The second E1 we use to connect to PBX.(Every time when we try this we work in the midnight not to interrupt services :()In my opinion (am I wrong?) PBX doesn't know now it's connected to router. So everything should be work.

Tomorrow I will try what you suggest but the first I will ungraded the IOS. I hope this will work.

Hi,

What you are doing is quite common and should work.

To avoid receiving dialtone on incoming calls you need to configure a DP that matches incoming-called number with direct-inward-dialing, eg:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number 603905..

direct-inward dial

Do not forget that most likely you will need isdn overlap-receiving on the PRI connected to PSTN as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: