wlc can't communicate with dhcpserver

Unanswered Question
Aug 30th, 2007

Our wlc can't communicate with any host on vlan Z (subnet 192.168.1.0/24). The wlc itself is in a different vlan. All communication to other vlans works just fine. I've temporarly disabled the access-lists for vlan Z, without success. A host in the same subnet as the wlc is able to establish communication with a host in vlan Z.

How to solve this problem?

Kind regards,

D vd Wege

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3.8 (3 ratings)
dvandewege Mon, 09/03/2007 - 23:53

Thanks for your reply.

In the config of the WLC are no specific routes enabled, except for the default gateway of the management interface. I have tested this on a different WLC with the same result, I wasn't able to ping to a host on the 192.168.1.0/24 network.

Alejandro Corte... Tue, 09/04/2007 - 06:03

are you routing that vlan?, you can try adding the subnet in the *route networks* fields in the wlc. or checking the routing configurations.

dvandewege Tue, 09/04/2007 - 14:09

Yes I am routing to that vlan as I am routing to other vlans. I have tried adding a route to the subnet but I am receiving a message saying, Gateway need to be on service port subnet. According to the manual it is not possible to route traffic to the service port.

dennischolmes Tue, 10/09/2007 - 18:07

Option 43 is step one. Step two, change the service port to an out of band network as its default setting is 192.168.1.1. Bet this helps.

Actions

This Discussion