cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc can't communicate with dhcpserver

dvandewege
Level 1
Level 1

Our wlc can't communicate with any host on vlan Z (subnet 192.168.1.0/24). The wlc itself is in a different vlan. All communication to other vlans works just fine. I've temporarly disabled the access-lists for vlan Z, without success. A host in the same subnet as the wlc is able to establish communication with a host in vlan Z.

How to solve this problem?

Kind regards,

D vd Wege

6 Replies 6

Did you check your routing setting?

Thanks for your reply.

In the config of the WLC are no specific routes enabled, except for the default gateway of the management interface. I have tested this on a different WLC with the same result, I wasn't able to ping to a host on the 192.168.1.0/24 network.

are you routing that vlan?, you can try adding the subnet in the *route networks* fields in the wlc. or checking the routing configurations.

Yes I am routing to that vlan as I am routing to other vlans. I have tried adding a route to the subnet but I am receiving a message saying, Gateway need to be on service port subnet. According to the manual it is not possible to route traffic to the service port.

Please see link below. For inter vlan to work you have to configure dhcp option 43 on your dhcp server. Hope this help you.

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808714fe.shtml

Option 43 is step one. Step two, change the service port to an out of band network as its default setting is 192.168.1.1. Bet this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: