cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE remote site problem

alexwzh
Level 1
Level 1

I seem to be having some problems with using CUE on the remote site. This is my setup

Site A <--- H323 ---> Site B

Both sites are running their own CUE respectively and the H323 trunk works as I am able to dial the remote site's extension number. However, when no one answers and it is forwarded to voicemail, I seem to get a busy tone. Any ideas? The VM works when from the same site and from external calls.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alex,

This sounds like a Codec mismatch problem, CUE only supports g.711. Have a look at this recent thread with some really excellent answers from Brandon;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddeb8c1/8#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: nice to see you back Paolo (did you have a nice vacation I hope :)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

do you have allow connections h323 to sip in the configuration ?

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Yup. This is already in the configuration....

Hi Alex,

This sounds like a Codec mismatch problem, CUE only supports g.711. Have a look at this recent thread with some really excellent answers from Brandon;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddeb8c1/8#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: nice to see you back Paolo (did you have a nice vacation I hope :)

Hi All,

I have the same issue, but in my case there is no busy signal from CUE, actually when I call from site A to site B and nobody answers the call in site B, CUE picks the calling number from site A as susbscriber for voicemail and it says "there is not voicemail associated with that user". Also I configure "mailbox-selection orig-called-number" in the voicemail dial-peer, but still it picks caller number as subscriber. any suggestion would be very appreciated.

thanks

Alex