cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1600 IOS and missing interface

alissa-dunn
Level 1
Level 1

I have been loaned two 1601-R routers to use to mimic a WAN. I am very new at this, so please don't laugh too hard at my question. I noticed when I accessed one of them via the console port that the serial interface is not recognized by the router. It only shows the ethernet int. I am not using a WIC card, but the serial interface built in to the router. I checked the cables to make sure they were the proper DCE/DTE cables. I noticed that the router did not recognize the Flash. I tried the other router, and it worked fine. I compared the config register and show version settings. Then, on router 1, I finally pulled out the flash card and saw that it was a 1605-R flash IP Feature Set.

Could this be part of the problem? Can you run a 1605-R flash card in a 1601-R router?

2 Replies 2

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Swap flash from another router and lets look what's observation???

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

Thank you for responding, Dharmesh.

I did look at the other router, and it is running perfectly well on the 1605-R flash. It was originally not running the IOS from flash, so I input the boot system flash command in and that seems to have helped. I haven't swapped the flash out yet, but did find that the boothelper sees one unrecognized interface. I have attached my show commands, so perhaps this will shed some light.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card