cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1600 IOS and missing interface

alissa-dunn
Level 1
Level 1

I have been loaned two 1601-R routers to use to mimic a WAN. I am very new at this, so please don't laugh too hard at my question. I noticed when I accessed one of them via the console port that the serial interface is not recognized by the router. It only shows the ethernet int. I am not using a WIC card, but the serial interface built in to the router. I checked the cables to make sure they were the proper DCE/DTE cables. I noticed that the router did not recognize the Flash. I tried the other router, and it worked fine. I compared the config register and show version settings. Then, on router 1, I finally pulled out the flash card and saw that it was a 1605-R flash IP Feature Set.

Could this be part of the problem? Can you run a 1605-R flash card in a 1601-R router?

2 Replies 2

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Swap flash from another router and lets look what's observation???

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

Thank you for responding, Dharmesh.

I did look at the other router, and it is running perfectly well on the 1605-R flash. It was originally not running the IOS from flash, so I input the boot system flash command in and that seems to have helped. I haven't swapped the flash out yet, but did find that the boothelper sees one unrecognized interface. I have attached my show commands, so perhaps this will shed some light.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card