cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA bandwidth limitation or...

ewong0088
Level 1
Level 1

Hope some one can point me to the right direction. Just procure a Metro-E Direct Internet Access (10MB), the provider actually is running ethernet over SONET. Anyway, they hand over a cat 5 into a router (Cisco2620), it's fastethernet port to my switch. Now, everything works fine if I plug in, for example, my laptop directly into the switch, I get over 9MB down and 7 ~ 8 MB upstream. If I plug into my ASA5520, and traffic flows thru this firewall, I am getting at max 3MB down and 1.5MB up. I am scratching my head. I need to dig out the ASA DOcumentation to see but I am quite sure the throughpout my ASA can handle should be a whole lot more than what I am seeing. Any idea?

Thanks for any help or pointers in advance.

3 Replies 3

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

hey Buddy..

I think speed problem is there...ASA5520 has Speed AUTO and Cisco 2620 has also - In most cases we seen this problem.

Can you make it hard cap of both devices wtih 100mbps/full duplex??

and observe he result??

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

DOne that, both interfaces are at full duplex 100MB. Still the same results.

What is the speed set on both the OUTSIDE, INSIDE & the respective connections to the Switch.

Set all of them to 100 MB & Full Duplex

Do you get any errors / CRC when you do a show interface ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: