Helpful
Replies

Access-list Implementation

soshomile
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All;

It is very easy topic;

i have router 2800 series directly connected to internet and PIX 525 is behind this router. the e1 of PIX is connected to my internal router 2800. i configured these devices in such a way that my intranet work is totally behind the PIX 525. but External router is directly connected to internet cloud. now i need to receive desired SNMP, TELNET, traffic to my internal server/PC. i try to use different access-lists on my PIX bt PIX doesnt allow SNMP traffic to come in and it doesnt work. i know this issue would be solved by correct access-list implementation.

please guide me in this senario.

regards

Soshomile

2 Replies 2

soshomile
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All;

(2nd Request)

It is very easy topic;

i have router 2800 series directly connected to internet and PIX 525 is behind this router. the e1 of PIX is connected to my internal router 2800. i configured these devices in such a way that my intranet work is totally behind the PIX 525. but External router is directly connected to internet cloud. now i need to receive desired SNMP, TELNET, traffic to my internal server/PC. i try to use different access-lists on my PIX bt PIX doesnt allow SNMP traffic to come in and it doesnt work. i know this issue would be solved by correct access-list implementation.

please guide me in this senario.

regards

Soshomile

Hi

Can you send copy of pix config minus any senstitve info so we can have a look at config.

Couple of other questions

1) Does your pix outside interface have a public IP or are your port-forwarding from your router ?

2) Do you see any hits on the access-list on the pix ?

3) Could you give us some IP address details such as destination server for the SNMP/Telnet traffic and from what source ?

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card