Views
Helpful
Replies

How to size an anchor WLC ?

hakiv
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

We are planning to take control of our autonomous Aironet 1200 by converting them to lightweight ap:s and implementing WLC:s and also WCS software.

In this process we also want to add some extra security andimplement user authentication against AD and also implement Guest access against internet.

I have found documents describing how to implement guest user access using a wlc located in DMZ (anchor) but I haven't found anywhere how to size this anchor wlc.

Suppose I have 10 Subnets connected in a wan and each of them contains ap:s , mostly only a few on each site but there are a few of the sites that contains 6 - 25 ap:s.

Should the anchor wlc be sized to cover the total amount of ap:s we have in our wan or ... ?

2 Replies 2

We were going to do the anchor thing then decided not to.

But while we were in the planning stage with the Cisco team, they suggested the 4402 would be fine. They had stated that the amount of APs was irrelevant. The only limit would be if you ever needed more than the 2 Gig uplinks.

HTH,

-chris

Thank's Chris for your answer.

Do you know if it's the same thing with using 2106 as an anchor ?

The internet connection we have is 20 Mbps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card