cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5500 / 5505 IOS Image Upgrade

neil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm in the process of purchasing some lab equipment several 5500 / 5505 Catalysts Core Switches (Includes 1 Supervisor Engine II MMF card.) Cards. Can i upgrade this box from the CATOS Image to a later Cisco IOS Image for the Catalysts 5500 Series.

Thanks. Neil

5 Replies 5

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Neil, you should be able to get CATOS image for your CATALYST 5000/5505/5500 SUP II (100BASEFX, MMF ), please go to software advisory link bellow and do a "search by paltform".

www.cisco.com/go/fn

HTH - please rate all helpfull posts

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

froggy3132000
Level 3
Level 3

You are going to need a Route Switch Module in order to load Cisco IOS on that switch.

I think there is a 5302 RSM

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only card that can use IOS is if you have a RSM (route switch module, layer 3 routing) card which you have not said you have . A straight layer 2 supervisor is catos only and cannot be changed to IOS .

Thanks, The 5500 does come with a RSM. Is their any particular "rev." of RSM which is must be above. It was mentioned before in a previous reply 5302 RSM

If you have access to CCO then get the last created general deployment version for the RSM which is 12.2.46a .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card