cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Patterns E1

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

I have an MGCP implementation and an E1 implementation and all 8 digits are passed to us. We need to translate this to 5 digits to pass to the phone. We created a translation pattern from all 8 digits to 5 digits, and the call cannot be completed. The error we are seeing from the debugs states: unallocated/unconfigured number. My question is how we translate this number to 5 digits.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

steven.lass
Level 1
Level 1

Assuming that you are using CCM, set the "Significant Digits" to 5 for "Inbound Calls" on the CCM gateway config.

Yes it is a CCM installation. Tried that, and still a no go...hmmm...not sure what to try now!

Does the CSS for the gateway inbound calls contain the partition with the DNs?

Yes it does.

Hmmm, I'm out of easy answers. Here are the steps I would take:

1) on the gateway, 'show mgcp' to verify the gateway is registered.

2) make calls in the other direction (outbound) to further validate the mgcp configuration

3) on the gateway, 'debug mgcp events' to verify mgcp is being triggered for inbound calls.

4) turn on 'detailed' trace on the CCM and dig thru the logs.

good hunting

if you have a translation pattern,

is it in a partition that is in the list of the CSS that is on the gateway?

And is the CSS on the translation pattern correct, so it can find the DN's of the phones?

Is the MGCP endpoint registered?

try a reset there too, or from enable mode on the gateway;

ccm-manager config-download check-configuration reset

hth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: