BARS: Unable to backup cdr.dmp

Answered Question
Aug 31st, 2007
User Badges:

Hi,

My server is currently running on BARS version 4.0.8000 and it seems that it's unable to backup cdr.dmp.

I attached the log.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Attachment: 
Correct Answer by Rob Huffman about 9 years 9 months ago

Hi Steve,

Here is an excellent clip from Jorge @ Cisco

"The event that you see in the App log is not a problem. It is telling you the SQL backup

has completed and as such the transactional logs are not needed and so are deleted. This

is so because if we keep the transactional logs the size of the Database will increase

causing disk space shortage and hence we will have issues with services stopping.

MCS BackupUtility by default " deletes " the transactional [ ART / CDR ] logs after a

backup. When this is done you will see the error you mention. This is nothing to worry

about. MCSBackup basically reduces/removes unnecessary data to be backed up, grab a copy

of the database, and backup this copy to the stream file. I think it would be better that

message type is changed from Error to Information by Microsoft."

From this great thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dde2ca5/1#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Rob Huffman Sat, 09/01/2007 - 09:09
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Steve,

Here is an excellent clip from Jorge @ Cisco

"The event that you see in the App log is not a problem. It is telling you the SQL backup

has completed and as such the transactional logs are not needed and so are deleted. This

is so because if we keep the transactional logs the size of the Database will increase

causing disk space shortage and hence we will have issues with services stopping.

MCS BackupUtility by default " deletes " the transactional [ ART / CDR ] logs after a

backup. When this is done you will see the error you mention. This is nothing to worry

about. MCSBackup basically reduces/removes unnecessary data to be backed up, grab a copy

of the database, and backup this copy to the stream file. I think it would be better that

message type is changed from Error to Information by Microsoft."

From this great thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dde2ca5/1#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

steve-yong Mon, 10/01/2007 - 18:37
User Badges:

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the link. I did saw the thread but I didn't realize that it applicable to my problem.

Again, thanks. :)

Rob Huffman Thu, 10/04/2007 - 19:43
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Steve,

You are most welcome :) That is an interesting one for sure. Gives you scare when you first see it!

Take care,

Rob

Actions

This Discussion