I probably hold the record

Unanswered Question
Aug 31st, 2007

Failed again today, my fourth attempt.

First try in July I ran out of time with 5 questions left - scored 720

2 weeks later - scored 831

3 weeks later - scored 834

2 weeks later, today - scored 796!!!!

I don't understand it. I felt better about today's effort than the others. I was a little thrown with a couple of questions but felt confident that I did well. Obviously, I didn't.

I clearly needed to have more knowledge before I tried this test. I had the CCNA in 2001 but that was NOTHING compared with this exam. Also, I NEVER work with routers or switches. I think my lack of time on actual devices is a killer.

Anyone here pass this thing who doesn't work with equipment on a day to day basis?

Stupidly,

greekgeek

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Pari Thiagasundaram Fri, 08/31/2007 - 12:29

From my personal experience, i would recommend playing with any routers and switches that you come across. A 15 day intensive hands-on routers/switches will give you tremendous confidence. Trust me, i have seen people do it. Its no rocket science.

All i would say now is, dont give up *yet*. Its a long way to go and this is just the beginning.

Good luck for your next attempt.

elhamzaoui72 Fri, 08/31/2007 - 21:15

hi actually i just did yesterday, scored 860 what you have to do is make sure you try cisco ccna network simulator and maybe boson sim. also understand how to use the command and what each command means do not give up good luck next time

klaujxyooj Fri, 08/31/2007 - 22:11

Wish you luck on your next attempt as well.

I passed the test on my 4th attempt. Failing those three times made me go back and did more reviews. In fact, I read through 5 books and review some sections multiple times. It's hard work, but keep your spirit up and don't lose hope yet.

Again, good luck on your next attempt.

howtonetwork Fri, 08/31/2007 - 22:54

Hi,

I failed my first go on the CCNA and now I run a Cisco training company! There is nothing wrong with you, it is probably an exam strategy issue. You need to form a plan of attack including:

Cram guide

Practise exams

Hands on skills

Subnetting skills

Exam technique

I would love you help you if you want to be a case study for www.howtonetwork.net as I am sure with your tenacity you can pass the CCNA.

Feel free to contact me via [email protected] and I will be happy to help.

Paul Browning

www.howtonetwork.net - Online CCNA Training Site (FREE CCNA tools available).

rscarborough63 Sat, 09/01/2007 - 02:07

I understand where you're coming from. A few years ago I failed twice. I kind of got away from it for a while but I am making another attempt soon. I am working with the chris bryant study materials from www.thebryantadvantage.com. He also has a very thorough section on subnetting and practice tests. If I were you I would check out the site and email him for questions. He is very good about answering questions. Also keep checking out the ccna prep center on this site. Chris Bryant also has a rack rental for hands on for about 47 bucks for 6 days. I think you will be fine, just remeber:

Subnetting

Hands on

Practice test

Study the material thoroughly

I just think sometimes you have to have someone there to answer any questions you may have and present the material to you in a clear but thorough way and thats where I feel Chris Bryant comes in. Hope this helps.

wpalumbo06 Sun, 09/09/2007 - 13:44

I failed on the first attempt as well. I bought a couple of 2501 access routers from Ebay and it was a big help. You need to be proficient and confident with the CLI. For me, working with real routers did the trick. 2501 routers are cheap...just make sure you buy them from a reputable seller. Email me if you want a recommended seller. Good luck!

akimalijbsk8r Sun, 09/09/2007 - 15:36

Greekgeek,

For starters, I haven't taken it yet. I'm scheduled for the end of the month. For me, I have gone through the PrepCenter labs from IP routing through OSPF COUNTLESS times! I just got my hands on 3 routers and 3 switches, but before that I mainly used the CCNA PrepCenter labs and the Boson CCNA simulator. I feel like I'm ready, but at the same time, the more I learn, the more I realize that I don't know. My suggestion is to definitely use the PrepCenter labs and get the Boson CCNA labs at the least. Definitely get to the point of subnetting in your head! Good luck on the next try!

Actions

This Discussion