Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt No answer to personal mail box

manumohan200
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am configuring a hunting option such that when calling the Hunting number say 1000, the call routing will be like

Phone A > Phone B > Phone A > Phone A's mailbox.

By default it will go to Phone A, then to Phone B, then to Phone A again, then it will stop. After the last hunt to the Phone A, it is not going to Phone A's mailbox.

We can configure the Forward Hunt no answer option pointing to Voice Mail Pilot number which will be going to the Mail box the Hunt Pilot which is 1000.

Is there any way to forward the final hunting to the Phone A's Personal mail box?

Or if the call is going to Hunt Pilot's Mail box, how we are notified a new message has come. I hope there is no message waiting indication for Hunt Pilot numbers. I am using CUE for Voice Mail purpose.

Thanks,

Manu

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Manu,

This is working as designed and should be applied at the "Hunt Pilot" Level as you have discovered;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the Unity VM Pilot)

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the Unity VM Pilot)

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

Can you try setting up the Hunt Pilot DN 1000 as an Alternate Extension under User A's Voicemail Box :)

From this good CCM 4.1.3 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed664.html#wp1023973

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

Infact I am using unity express 2.3. I am not sure whether I can configure an Alternate extension in CUE unlike in Unity.

Thanks,

Manu

Hi,

Just to add, I tried putting the "Forward No Answer" option pointed to Phone A. It was actually getting forwarded to Phone A, but not to it's voice mail box. I am getting a message like "there is no mail box associated with this ID".

But when I am directly calling Phone A, it is going to it's Personal Mail box after no answer.

Could anyone please tell which DN mailbox has been tried in the first case ?

Thanks,

Manu

Hi Manu,

It is possible to have up to two numbers in the same Cisco Unity Express (CUE) User profile. Configure the first number as the Cisco Unity Express User Primary Extension, and the other number as the Primary E.164 number. However, only two Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express extensions are allowed to share the same mailbox in the Cisco Unity Express voicemail.

From this good Q&A doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_qanda_item09186a0080875c6f.shtml#q12

Place one ext in the primary ext field, and the other in the E.164 field

phonenumber - Specifies a number or extension for this user. No spaces or dashes are allowed.

phonenumberE164 - Specifies a telephone number with area code for this user. No spaces or dashes are allowed.

Example:

se-10-0-0-0(config)# username user3 create

se-10-0-0-0(config)# username user3 phonenumber 50180

se-10-0-0-0(config)# username user3 phonenumberE164 13335550180

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ef7a7.html

In your latest example CUE is seeing the first redirected number 1000 that is why you are hearing "there is no mail box associated with this ID".

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already configured a mail box for Phone A, and one for the Hunt Pilot number 1000.

When trying to assign Primary E.164 number of Phone A to the mail box of 1000, I am getting a error saying " Not allowed as I already have a mail box with Phone A as Primary extension.

Thanks,

Manu

Hi Manu,

Try getting rid of the mailbox for 1000 and adding it as the E.164 number under A's existing mailbox.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: