Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO port release issue

manumohan200
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using FXO ports connected to PSTN line. When users are making calls to PSTN, even though the calls are disconnected, the port seems OFF-HOOK for some 10 seconds. After that only it releases the call and we are able to make the outgoing calls through this port.

Is there by anyway we can reduce this release timer ?

Thanks,

Manu

2 Replies 2

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Manu,

This is the normal problem we face with when using FXO port. To solve this problem, you must configure the impedance complex, the cptone, the disconnect tone to appropriate values. You can tried some values until it works or use some tools to find out the value (I use Cool Edit Pro to explore the values - it's cool)

In some case, by replace the connection plar xxxx command in the FXO port by connection plar opx xxxx command, the prolem is solved withour doing anything more (I've done some this way)

Good luck with your configuration

hoanghiep

What version of Cool Edit Pro are you using, and how do you use it to discover these values?

Thanks,

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: