Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring VPN router

lesterccna
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day to all,

i have a public ip, can anyone assist me on how to configure my 2821 router as a VPN server?

thank you,

lester

3 Replies 3

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

The AutoInstall process configures the router automatically after connection to the WAN. A Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) host on your network must be preconfigured to provide the required configuration files. The TCP/IP host may exist anywhere on the network provided the following two conditions are met:

1. The host must be on the remote side of the router's synchronous serial connection to the WAN.

2. User Datagram Protocol (UDP) broadcasts to and from the router and the TCP/IP host are enabled.

Do not use AutoInstall unless the required files are available on the TCP/IP host. Refer to the publications Configuration Fundamentals Configuration Guide and Configuration Fundamentals Command Reference for information about how AutoInstall works

Hi Aghaz,

I am also having doubt about configure vpn router as like lester so can u give what are the step by step we need to configure in router & what are the commands we need to enable after connect wan link in router serial int.

Any body can explain it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

naidu.

Hi,

Please refer the below URL for configuration details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094203.shtml#ipsec

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arul