Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 6.0 and IP Phone Messenger

Hi List,

i have an CUCM 6.0 and an CUPS 6.0, with the IP Phone Messnger Service, installed in my LAB. When i send an IM Message, with IPPM, from one Phone to another, nothing happens. (The Message will not Pop-Up automatically) When i want to see the message i have to go to "Messages" within the IPPM.

In my old LAB, with an CCM5.1 and CUPS1.03, it worked.

Does anybody know how to troubleshoot such an issue, or what the error could be?

Any ideas or hints are welcome.

Regards

Robert

5 Replies 5

haouaswajih
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have my self the same problem!!

In fact, the problem is with your application User!!! you have previously to create on in CCM5 (i have created one and called it PhoneMessenger)) And i assume when u changed to CCM6 u have either forgot to do an other Application user or u did an application user and u forgot to associate the IP phones that u want to activate Phone Mesennger service on them.

Make sure to associate the end users to the Application user.

Plz rate this if it helped u.

Hi,

no,my problem was not related to the Application User. I had defined an wrong Authentication-URL to my phones. Thanks for your reply!

/Robert

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, but I have associate the end user to the application user, so it's not that. What do you mean when you talk about a wrong url authentication configuration ??

Thanks in advance for your help

I have the same problem with CUCM 7.0.2.10000-18 and CUCP 7.0.2.10000-36.

there is no audible alert on IPPM.

the messages get to the phones but not visual or audible alert, even when it is ON on the settings or on the Presence User page options.

thanks a lot for the help

Problem Solved.

the IPPM App User user needs to have the phones associated to it.

thanks for the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: