cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dumb 7970 Question

donjohnson911
Level 1
Level 1

This question I'm sure is going to come off as completely retarded, but what the heck.

Do you guys suppose that I could do much physical damage to the phone by unplugging it and plugging it back in a few times per day while I'm still in the process of configuring it? I just got this thing, and I'm loving it btw.. it's an incredible phone, but I'm not sure how to properly shut it down when I want to get new config information. Is there a better way than unplugging it to do a restart?

The main reason I ask is because before getting this one brand new, I stupidly ordered one off eBay that was used in hopes for a good experience. Which actually came out to be a nightmare. The phone worked but the backlight on the screen was dead, and basically I'm just scared that my style of rebooting might cause a problem like this, among others.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

hi donjohnson911

you can do reset to your phone without unplugging and plugging its cable, here u go,

simply press settings button, then press (*) twice, then (#) once, then (*) twice.

:) funny action, isn't it? :)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

hi donjohnson911

you can do reset to your phone without unplugging and plugging its cable, here u go,

simply press settings button, then press (*) twice, then (#) once, then (*) twice.

:) funny action, isn't it? :)

Haha, great. Thanks so much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: