Views
Helpful
Replies

communication between PiX internal interface

ciscotech4u
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i am using a Pix firewall for hiding my two internal networks( for ex network A and B) connected to seperate interfaces of the PIX firewall.

a) i installed one windows server on

network A , and it's working properly for Network A users.

b) i want to share this windows server for users in Network B. i am not able to achieve this , perhaps i have to open PiX firewall as Network A & B are on two seperate interface.

Please guide me for a sample cisco config Or suggest.

Thanks,mahesh.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mahesh

You can do this one of 2 ways.

1) If the 2 interfaces are the same security level you can use the following command

"same-security-traffic permit inter-interface"

if you do this traffic an flow freely between the 2 interfaces without any access-lists or NAT.

2) If you would rather control traffic. It all depends on which interface has a higher security level.

Can you post the security levels for the 2 interfaces. You can get these from a "sh run"

Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mahesh

What version of Pix are you running ?

What security levels do each of the interfaces have ?

Jon

dear jon,

it's 7.1 and pix configured as basic firewall ( no VPN ) , so the question is how to open one interface for another in a pix firewall.

rgds,mahesh.

Mahesh

You can do this one of 2 ways.

1) If the 2 interfaces are the same security level you can use the following command

"same-security-traffic permit inter-interface"

if you do this traffic an flow freely between the 2 interfaces without any access-lists or NAT.

2) If you would rather control traffic. It all depends on which interface has a higher security level.

Can you post the security levels for the 2 interfaces. You can get these from a "sh run"

Jon

dear Jon,

Appriciate your help.

your question on security level help me to fix the problem and i got a sample config

showing the config from low security zone to

high security zone.

Tks,mahesh

can post sample Config here, more or less iam in the same situation .

Tks

karthik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: