Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame Relay Static Map

timothykerr
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I have a testbed environment at home. I have two 2611s and a 1601 connected to a 3620 (w/ a NM-4A/S), acting as a frame relay switch. I am trying to configure static maping between the three, so they all would be fully meshed. (See attached picture). It does not work. I cannot ping from one router to the other. When I delete the static maps and enable inverse-arp on all 3 routers, it works like a champ. I cleared the inversearp entries on all three routers. Routers 1&2 (2611s) are running IOS12.3, R3 (1601) is running 12.0. I have included a txt file with the configs and show output. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I haev banging my head against the wall for the past 3 days with this. Everything I have research on the web has shown that this should work I believe.

3 Replies 3

timothykerr
Level 1
Level 1

I am embarassed to say that the problem is fixed. It was a cabling issue. I had Routers 1 and 2 mixed up. I was configuring R1 as if it was R2 and vice versa. So it would work with dynamic mapping, but not with my static maps. I can't believe it took me 3 days to find that! I humbly apolgize for wasting anyone's time here.

Hi Timothy,

No need for embarrassment or apology :), its nice to fix your problem yourself, and its very professional from you to do what you've done and reply that you've fixed your problem and the summary of the solution.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi Timothy,

No need for embarrassment or apology :), its nice to fix your problem yourself, and its very professional from you to do what you've done and reply that you've fixed your problem and the summary of the solution.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card