Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Numbers

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In the menu Directories of my IP Thelephony, the Personal Directory not appear ?? What is the problem ? How I ingress personal number on my Cisco IP telephony (models: 7911,7912,7960,7940). I can create or have an personal Call book on my Cisco IP Phone?

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

1. check whether the action phones are correctly associated to the users:

go to CCM admin > user > global directory > click on "search" select the user who is going to control the IP phone at the user configuration page, do you see the action IP phone is correctly associated to this user?

2. check whether the PIN is configured correctly:

A very common error is that pin values do not match between the subscribed ip phone service and the user pin. These two pins must match in order for personal address book to work. Specifically, when subscribing to services, the end user enters a different PIN than the original PIN used in the directory. Services' PIN is stored in SQL and the directory PIN is stored

in LDAP.You need to be sure there are no discrepancy between the PIN in services vs. PIN in directory.

If you do not know the PIN for this user:

go to ccm admin -> go to the "User" menu -> click on "Global Directory" -> click on "Search" -> select the user -> at the "User configuration" page, you can change the PIN for this user.

3. check whether the service is subscribed to the user:

http:///CCMUser

-Enter the user ID and his password.

-Click on "Logon"

-Select the device to configure

-Click on "Configure your Cisco IP Phone Services"

-At "Available Services (for new subscription)" select

the "Personal Address Book" service

-Click on "continue"

-At "user identification", enter the user ID.

-At "PIN", enter the PIN for this user (the same PIN number

that you configured before).

-Click on "subscribe".

-If everything goes fine the following status message will be displayed:

"Status: Update completed successfully; you are now subscribed to ".

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_1/sys_ad/3_1_2/ccmcfg/b09pd.htm#1004722

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: