cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

incoming calls without the 0 occuring from pri provider

cmelbourne
Level 1
Level 1

We have call manager express 3.3 with a e1 pri module.

if i ring the main number over the pri then my number appears without the 0. The provider is saying this is how they present it. Is there a way of inserting a 0 in front of the incoming number. Also, we use 9 for outside line. therefore i would also like to insert a 9 before this 0 so when i go to missed calls i can just call them from the missed calls in the phone without having to note the number and insert the 9 and then the 0 myself.

any ideas?

4 Replies 4

bill.anderson
Level 1
Level 1

Try this, use a voice translation rule and a translation profile to do this. In the UK, I do it with the following commands. Note the use of the ISDN numbering plan parameters, that will prefix 90 to a local/national call and if the incoming call is international, it will prefix 900 (this is for UK plans, but you can see the concept). The you just apply the profile to the voice port for incoming calls. Tha translation profile is set to translate the calling party.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(\)/ /900\1/ type international international

rule 2 /^\(\)/ /90\1/ type any national

!

!

voice translation-profile Prefix-90

translate calling 1

!

voice-port x/x

translation-profile incoming Prefix-90

!

Bill,

Thanks for this, This makes sense.

I will try this and see how happens.

the voice-port x/x i take it i just change it to the signalling channel of the controller e1, is this right?

Hi,

Yes, just use the voice-port x/y:15 to apply to your particular D Channel. I used an ISDN config in the example I posted.

Hope this helps.

Bill.

Indeed, a small nitpick, the rule above can also be written more concisely as:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 // /00/ type international international

rule 2 // /0/ type any national

This assumes you are not using any prefix digits for outgoing calls, thing that I've found very convenient an liked by my customers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: