cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE10-6500-K9 or ACE20-MOD-K9

e.sobian
Level 1
Level 1

I?m not shure which modul I should suggest.

What is the difference between the ACE10-6500-k9 and ACE20-mod-k9?

All I can find on cco is a that the 10?th modul has one led more.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark,

The ACE10 does support 16GB, with caveats.

To get 16GB out of ACE10 you can only have one supervisor in the switch located in the secondary sup slot. The ACE10 must be located in the slot belonging to the primary (first) sup slot. You will need to reboot the switch after installing the 16GB license.

ACE20 is the exact same hardware as ACE10. Only difference being all limitations above have been removed. With ACE20 you can get 16GB in any slot, with one or two sups, and no reboot required to upgrade the license.

Cheers,

Brad

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mark.duffy
Level 1
Level 1

To my knowledge the ACE10 is limited to 8GB

and the ACE20 is the full 16GB (in terms of license) I've based this on the fact you can't configure an ACE10 above 8GB bandwidth.

Anybody please feel free to shoot me down, but I did some digging on CCO and couldn't find anything other than release info and pricing.

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

The ACE10 does support 16GB, with caveats.

To get 16GB out of ACE10 you can only have one supervisor in the switch located in the secondary sup slot. The ACE10 must be located in the slot belonging to the primary (first) sup slot. You will need to reboot the switch after installing the 16GB license.

ACE20 is the exact same hardware as ACE10. Only difference being all limitations above have been removed. With ACE20 you can get 16GB in any slot, with one or two sups, and no reboot required to upgrade the license.

Cheers,

Brad

Brad,

Can you tell me how many PAT sessions are supported on ACE20?

Cisco says it supports 1000,000 NAT sessions. How many PAT entries can I configure?

Cheers,

James

Hi Guys,

Does nobody know if this software : c6ace-t1k9-mz.A4_2_3.bin is compatible with the ACE20 module ?

Thanks

Saleem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: