cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block incoming call of PSTN

leonardolopes
Level 5
Level 5

Somebody would know how to find out in CCM 5.1(2), it is possible to block some extensions for

to receive calls of PSTN, and those same extensions can receive calls

interns.

In the gateway that is possible, but in CallManager I don't know.

7 Replies 7

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

you should be able to acheive this using CSS i.e. Calling Search Spaces along with Partitions.

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094b53.shtml>

hth

Ajaz

Ok, Ajaz

I understood when you informed me to use CCS and Partition, this functions for outgoing calls, but when I want to block all the incoming calls for some extension as I must proceed?

To create route pattern with ?block this pattern? (in this in case that it functions with calls for outgoing)

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

One thing that you can do here is configure the Partition on the phones such that the Calling Search Space on the Gateway does not have access to these phones.

Hi Ajaz,

I did what you instructed and it took the effect that me hadia dictates before, he blocks calls for out and it doesn't block incoming calls...

For instance, I placed a gateway I invalidate in a Route Pattern associated to a partition and a calling search space, and I associated to an extension, but didn't give right, it blocked calls for out of PSTN but not called incoming.

Hi Leonardo,

Just thought that I would add a little note to the good info you have received from Ajaz and Mahesh. This could be way off base and if so, I am sorry :) If you are using (DID Direct In Dial) numbers in your setup you can configure a "pool" of Internal numbers that cannot be called from the PSTN by default.

If your DID numbers are xxx-yyy-6000 to xxx-yyy-6499 you can configure a Pattern of say 4000 to 4099 that can still call outgoing to the PSTN but will never receive any direct incoming calls from the PSTN all Internal calls will work as normal.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob!

Thank you for the suggestion, I will test and I inform you the expected effect it was occasioned, thank you!

Hi.

Can you be more specific on your suggestion. I have the same problem but I'm new with this and I don't understood if you were talking abou DID on the gateway or in the call manager.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: