Views
Helpful
Replies

"drop and insert multiplexing"

flash2200
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm writing the GW/GK exam tomorrow morning and was just reviewing the exam objectives on Cisco's site. I think I've covered most of them off in reading the cisco press book for GW/GK a ridiculous number of times ... sigh

One notable exception is:

"Describe the appropriate implementation of drop and insert multiplexing"

I'm not sure what they are referring too since I've never come across the term in my ref material and I'm having some trouble digging up any info on Cisco's site.

Can anyone give me a quick summary overview of what this is about?

TIA

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Indeed D&I multiplexing has little or nothing to do with GW/GK. It can be summarized as:

The ability for a T1 or E1 interface to do TDM-like multiplexing for individual timeslots or groups of timeslots, for specialized treatment, like cross-connecting them to other T1 /E1 interfaces in the same or different card in the router.

Thanks for the quick response. Hopefully it will not be featured in any serious way on the test.

You are very welcome and I whish you the best at the testing session.

Quizzes can be quite pointless at times so I tried my best to not give any nonsensical question to the seven guys/gals that are coming to take a test at my company tomorrow.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: