Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS Server Installation Issue

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I have CCM 5.1.2b and I am trying to install the Cisco Unified Presence Server. The installation fails at the security configuration.

I have put the correct CCM hostname, IP Address and security password but the security configuration continues to fail.

I also tried resetting the security passowrd on the CCM using the command "set password security" and made sure I am entering it correctly on the Presence but the security configuration fails as well.

I appreciate any help in this issue,

Remarks: The CUPS is version 1.0.3

Regards,

9 Replies 9

torsten.brink
Level 1
Level 1

Hello m-haddad,

did you already configured the "application server" feature in the callmanager web-administration?

You have to go to /ccmadmin/ click on System/Application Server. Click Add and Choose the following options:

Application Server Type: Cisco Unified Presence Server

Name:

Good luck...

Regards

Torsten

Hello Torsten,

First thanks for the feedback. I have already added the server under the application servers. However, when I choose Cisco Unified Presence Server all I get is enter the host name. There is no place to enter the IP address of the server???

On the event logs when I try to join the CUPS to the CCM node I get " Incorrect password for sftpuser from cup.voip.com"

Any ideas,

Thanks,

Hello,

Any ideas are really appreciated. I am stuck in this stage for two days and I need to proceed.

Thanks,

BABARCHE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did you find any answer to your problem ?

I'm facing the same situation trying to install CUPS6.0.

Thanx,

Bastien.

Hello,

Yes I solved the issue. When I was resetting the security password I was getting the message " Password reset was unsuccessfull" I was reading it as successfull.

What I had to do is to use the recovery procedure to recover the security password and reset it. Then I was able to complete the installation successfully.

Let me know if this helps,

Appreciate your rating,

Regards,

Hi,

Was it possible to add the IP address of the CUPS on the CUCM application or must a hostname be used.

I have a similar install and wish to install CUPS using IP address.

thanks

Ian.

Hello,

When I did my install I used an external Windows DNS. I created the host name and tried to ping the CUPS hostname from the CCM which was successfull.

I don't think using a hostname would be an issue.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Thanks for the update. I was hoping to use an IP address instead of the Hostname.

Ian.

Hello,

same problem here.. I'm trying to install CUPS6.0(2) with CUCM 5.0.

I'm getting an error: "failed to get trusted peer validation..."

already tried the "application server" feature in the callmanager web-administration with hostname an IP address

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: