Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Call Connector DNIS Problem

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have a CallManager Express system with an ISDN BRI link to the PSTN via British Telecom (United Kingdom).

Incoming calls from national numbers do not include the leading zero needed to return calls in the Calling-Station-Id field.

For example, a call from a user with the number 02082363200 is presented with a Calling-Station-Id of 2082363200.

I normally get around this by using a translation rule to prepend the zero to the calling number.

However, although this works for calls to the phone the leading zero does not get sent to the Call Connector software running on the user PC with the result that Call Connector cannot pop the appropriate record within Outlook.

Does anyone know of any settings within Call connector to solve this problem? (or any other way of resolving it?)

3 Replies 3

franco.dilalla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem in my installation.

Call connector format the incoming dial with this format (###) ###-####

Have you a news about this problem?

Thanks

Hi,

No news yet - can anyone help?

Hi,

I'm not impressed with UCC generally speaking. I have a similar problem with various combinations of calls. If one in-house user calls another, only the destination phone shows busy. Actually, I can take this a step further, any phone that originates a call does not show as busy in the UCC status window.

The issue is that the phones are registered to the server using their 4 digit extension and when a call is placed the dial-pattern command is prepending the area code and prefix. This result is that the originating phone number is now ID'd as an E.164 number with the extra digits instead of the 4 digit extension that is registered with UCC.

It can be worked around by adding both numbers to the UCC database as multiple lines or by removing the dial-pattern command and adding a traslation rule to the outbound dial-peers to retain sent caller-ID, but both are pretty lame fixes.

Any other suggesitons?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: