cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT on the Sitck

wififrance
Level 1
Level 1

i wan to used this technical for see my web server on my lan with the public address of the adsl router 877.

acutaly i'm working with the :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094430.shtml

have you a simple configuration for my problem.

see the attachement:

9 Replies 9

wififrance
Level 1
Level 1

the atachement is here! sorry :)

Yes, you can do that. It is not really "on the stick" because there is an outside (adsl) and one inside (VLAN1) interface.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

tks so much

did you have an idea about the type of configuration ? Because i don't understand all of information describe in this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094430.shtml

If you just need to access an inside webserver you don't need anything like that. Just configure:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.9 80 interface Dialer0 800.

Note this assumes you are using PPPoA or PPPoE for the ADSL. Else, the interface name would be different.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

yes this for the nat beetween the interface. But me i want to see my webserver with the public address and use the nat rules.

ex:

i've already many rules bettween wan and lan :

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.9 80 interface Dialer0 80

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.9 443 interface Dialer0 90

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.9 21 interface Dialer0 98

and when i'am in the same lan of my web server ( in private ip), i wan't to access at the server with the @ipPublic:443 and use the corresponding NAT.

Did you have any solution ?

I'm not you will succeed in doing that. AT some point the addresses will overlap between loopback and dialer. So you will have to access with private IP as long you are inside.

yes but when i'am in the lan i can't test the natting between interface.

This fonction is actived by default in linksys wrt54G. How know the routing configuration in the linksys?

On the other hand even if you can work out configuration for 'nat on a stick', you would be testing this one and not the NAT between ADSL and LAN that is what you care about.

wififrance, is dynamic ur IP ADDRESS from the DSL service??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: