cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS on VM server

dbentley
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone using or having issues using a WCS on VM? We have close to 1000 users on our system spread over 10 WLCs. When using a VM (virtual machine) the WCS is extremely slow. Sometime I cannot even get to the client or AP tabs. Are there any suggestions on what type of server I should be using for this size of network? Should I be using a VM.

I know Cisco does support this but we have a lot of other very heavy CPU services running on other VMs with no load issues.

3 Replies 3

Hi, please read:

Q. What operating systems support Cisco WCS?

A. Cisco WCS runs on Windows, Linux and VMware.

Cisco WCS can be run on VMware ESX Server 3.0.1 or later. The minimum hardware requirements for a dedicated and guaranteed VMware server are Intel? Xeon Quad CPU; 3.15 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 200 GB HDD.

Please check the Release Notes of WCS, there are more details about Server Sizing. I think it is a better idea to use a dedicated server for WCS. Regards, Michael

Thanks Michael.

Did you have any luck identifying the bottlenecks WCS encountered running under VM?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: