cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Server Move

craighuff
Level 1
Level 1

I recently migrated our LMS 2.6 server to another box. In order to do this I shut down the old box after I had all the backups that I needed. I renamed the new box the old server name and also gave it the same IP address.

Then I installed the software and the updates and restored the data. All of that went fine. After about an hour, all the connection lines went red.

I have verifed the settings and it looks like all the data and settings including the SNMP settings migrated over as well.

Not for sure what else to look for. Any held would be great.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The workaround is to reinitialize the database, but there is an unpublished patch available that will fix the problem permanently.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds a lot like CSCsk08540. What version of Campus Manager do you have?

The version that we have installed is 4.0.9.

Then you are hitting the aforementioned bug. You need to be a service request with TAC to get the patch.

Yep. After reint the database it took care of the link down lines. Now here is a new problem. After it did a discovery, I copied the D:\Program Files\CSCOpx\campus\etc\users back to the orignal location since 3 users have there own maps setup. It appears that it is not even looking at the old xml file to display to topology view. All it shows is the discovered devices that it found in no order at all. Is it possible to use the old xml map files and preferences once the database has been reint or do we have to redo all the preferences again?

Thanks

You have to redo the preferences as the indexes in the database have been changed.

By any chance is there a way to save the Layer 2 Network View? We originally had everything setup on the "map" the way that we wanted it.

Trying to redo it will take time. Just didnt know if there was a way around this.

Thanks for all the help.....

Not unless you have a backup of the ANI database that corresponds to the saved XML map files.

The only thing that I have is a backup that I did for the restore to another server. Only issue with this is that when I restore everything looks good till the next data collection. Thats what really started this because the links go red. that is why we had to reint the database. It is possible to just restore what is needed for this to function.

You don't need to reinit the database. If you call the TAC, and reference the bug I mentioned previously, a patch can be given to you that fixes the problem and lets you keep your current database.

Great. The TAC that I was in contact with never mentioned a fix except to reint the database.

Thanks

The workaround is to reinitialize the database, but there is an unpublished patch available that will fix the problem permanently.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco