cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS11501S-C-K9 Active-Standby

hassan_oudeh
Level 1
Level 1

i have 2 CSS boxes, is it possible to configure them on the Active-Stanby mode using the Box-to-Box mode ??

im confused because on the Data sheet it's written that only Active-Active

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps792/products_data_sheet0900aecd800f851e.html

please advice...

Hasan

4 Replies 4

Box to Box mode is an Active/standby configuration.

For active-active Virtual interface redundancy is used (Where CSS serves as master of one virtual router and backup to a differnt VR)

Box to Box Redundancy

When to Use:

?When Active/Standby is the expected behavior.

?When a dedicated 10/100 link can be configured link between the CSS?s

?When Configuration-Synchronization is needed

When not to use:

?When Active/Active is needed

?When a dedicated 10/100 link between CSS?s cannot be used.

?Lack of 10/100 ports, or the switches are too far apart.

Hope it helps

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Thanks Syed for the reply,

but my question is the Content Switch model CSS11501S-C support Active-Standby ?

I worked on CSS11506 and i have configured two boxes with Active-Standby but for this one i'm confused because if you check the data sheet you will find that ..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps792/products_data_sheet0900aecd800f851e.html

Hasan Mohammad

Hassan~

As per my understanding CSS11501S-C is only different then 11501 in the terms that it supports ssl termination and Http compression.

The data sheet you mentioned doesn't mention ACtive/Standby for even 11503 & 11506. I can guarantee you that host to host in supported on 11503 and 11506.

I have not worked on CSS11501S-C specifically but I think it should support Box to Box Active/standby redundancy.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Iftekhar,

please check the attached picture that i captured from the data sheet...

what did they mean by the redundancy feature mentioned on the table ?

Hasan Odeh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: