a new Network Device Group (NDG) and a profile

Unanswered Question
Sep 4th, 2007
User Badges:

We have a large installed base of WLC's 2000 with ACS providing the authentication. We have 2 existing NDG's and I just created a new one and added the new WLC to that group. However, when users were testing the new wireless access, the error message below would show up.

09/03/2007 13:33:55 Authen failed CNH1\uz685 Default Group 00-13-02-5F-F8-6F (Default) Access denied because there was no profile that matched .. ..

Obviously, the culprit here is the wrong profile (Default) as opposed to the right one, WAP_Profile. So, I then proceeded adding the new wlc to the one of the existing Groups and the authentication worked OK.

There has to be a link between the NDG's and the WAP_Profile and, for the life of me, I could not find out where that link was. Can someone please help me with that?

Thanks.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jagdeep Gambhir Tue, 09/04/2007 - 15:56
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Hi,

On ACS-----> NAP--->You need to enable feature labelled "Grant access using global configuration,when no profile matches.

Regards,

~JG

axfalk1 Tue, 09/04/2007 - 16:38
User Badges:

Thanks for your response, however it would be like sweeping it under the rug. The profile WAP_Profile is defined under the Network Access Profiles and there's got to a way to associate it with a group...

Actions

This Discussion