Helpful
Replies

exec authorization with radius..

diptanshusingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, i was configuring auth-proxy . i had a

m/c---(inside)router(outside)---internet

now i want that a normal user is not able to get the telnet access of my router, only certain users can have the telnet access fromt the inside. i dont want to use NAR. i want to do this only with radius authorization.

i was looking for controlling the access of the users to the router with the help of radius,

aaa authorization exec default group tacacs+

when i use the above command i knw that i can control the shell access by checking shell box,but when i use the below command

aaa authorization exec default group radius

i was not able to find any particular radius av-pair which can control the exec shell access in respect to the above one.

4 Replies 4

rochopra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Following is the av-pair for privilege level 15

shell:priv-lvl=15

In Addition also select attribute 6

Service-type = login

~Rohit

Hi rohit, i am looking to deny a specific user from getting the exec shell of my router with radius authorization.. the above attributes will assign a user a priv level 15...

So do not assign any privilege level to the user , or assign privilege level 0.

~Rohit

Premdeep Banga
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Make use of this,

shell:priv-lvl=15

shell:autocmd=exit

So what will happen with this is, as soon as user tries to log into shell, BOOM!, user will exit out.

NOTE: I have not tried this exactly, but should work, you might be required to use separator, ";" i.e.,

shell:priv-lvl=15;

shell:autocmd=exit

Regards,

Prem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: