Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager IP change after install

danhirjau
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Supposing that I install CCM with an IP of 192.168.1.1, is there any problem if I change this IP to 10.0.0.1 somewhere in time, after the initial install?

Thanks,

Dan

4 Replies 4

thomasarun
Level 1
Level 1

I dont think any pblm in changing CCM ip address.If u r using CCM 5.x change the ip in system -->server and then in os administration also

eug-c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Remember to change the IP address in a number of configurations where the IP address is hard coded.

For example,

- Under Enterprise parameters, there are a number of URLS with the hard-coded IP address.

- Under Services (address book or fast dials)

- TFTP Service

- Host and LMHost files

- Your voice gateways MGCP or H323 configs

- DNS

HTH,

Eugene

Having just recently gone through this with CCM 4.1(3), I agree with all that eug-c stated. In addition, if you are using Unity, you will need to reconfigure the TSP settings on the Unity server. In my particular situation, I did the following. On the Unity server, go to Control Panel, Phone and Modem Options, Advanced and select Cisco Unity-CM TSP. From there select configure and you should see the IP address of your call manager(s). Change these and restart the Unity services and you should be good.

Hope this helps.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dan,

This Step by Step Guide for this process is really good ;

Changing the IP Address for Cisco CallManager

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094601.shtml

Here is a recent thread where Mario just went through this change and did provide a good update with his success and a couple of notes;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=General&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddb0086

Hope this helps!

Rob