Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent ACS and Juniper NSM Attribute file problem

omr123456
Level 1
Level 1

Hi frined,

my problem we are handling ACS support with a big customer and Juniper team gave me attribute file for NSM server which installed on linux server and want me to add this file to ACS server to authenticate NSM users through ACS and they said there is acs document on cisco website explain the steps to add this file but I could n't find it.

thanks guys

6 Replies 6

rochopra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I created one such file i am attaching the file here, compare it with the attributes you want to include.

following link explains the attributes used in the file:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080102170.html#1384

Following steps can be used to import file in ACS:

Please place this file on a FTP server, and go to System Configuration >

RDBMS Synchronization > Fill in the credentials > Synchronize Now.

If RDBMS Synchronization option is not visible, enable it from Interface

Configuration > Advanced options > check "RDBMS Synchronization" > submit

Once RDBMS Synchronization is successfull Reboot the ACS SE.

Once ACS SE is backup. Create an AAA client entry with RADIUS (Netscreen)

as the protocol. After this go to,

Interface configuration > RADIUS (Netscreen) and enable which ever

attribute we want to be visible.

~Rohit

thanks for help

can u see this attribute file for juniper they sent to me is attached here.

could please give an example on this attached file.

where I m new on ACS world, my experince on Firewalls only.

File looks good.

Follow the steps above to sync the file to ACS.

~Rohit

Dear Rohit

do u mean by fillowing theses steps where I place the attribute file on FTP server and then using RDBMS SYNC to import the file to ACS so that I do nt need to use the command mode to add them to ACS

Hi

If you have ACS SE(Box that is shipped by Cisco with ACS pre installed), then steps provided by Rohit are the one that you need to follow. And you do not need to do anything from Command Line on ACS SE.

In case you have ACS for Windows. A software package, that is installed on Windows server platform, then there's another way to do this, using csutil.exe utility.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/user/A_CSUtil.html#wp365540

If you could provide with the original VSA file/Dictionary file/.ini file. We can take a look into it.

Regards,

Prem

thanks for help

whaht I have ACS 3.3.3 for windows 2000 platform the file that the customer provided me is attached here it was .txt file I tranfered to .ini file

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: