Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I connect to a router

shoaib_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I am new to Cisco. I have just got a cisco 827 router from someone -

problem is I cant logon to it - tried telnet/web logon. It cannot find the default 10.10.10.1 IP address. I donot know which IP it is set to. Also donot know the u/name and passwords.

Connected the lan cable to the ethernet port on the router and the other side on pc's lan - also checked the hub/pc connection. I can view the LAN connection - which says Unidentified network. The router is only connected to PC nothing else. LAN properties set to dhcp settings. No DNS is setup. Is there anyway I can reset the router settings so that I can login to the default IP? Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeremyshort
Level 1
Level 1

You will need a cisco rolled cable to use then plug into the console port of the router. Use something like terra term and then turn the router off then back on again to view the start up. You will need to send a break to the start up by pressing CTRL+B, this will put you in rommon and then follow the documentation from there.

Search the cisco site for password reset for 827.

Good luck

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jeremyshort
Level 1
Level 1

You will need a cisco rolled cable to use then plug into the console port of the router. Use something like terra term and then turn the router off then back on again to view the start up. You will need to send a break to the start up by pressing CTRL+B, this will put you in rommon and then follow the documentation from there.

Search the cisco site for password reset for 827.

Good luck

Thanks I will try that

I do not have console cable. But I have found a cable rj-45 to USB. On USB side I plugged a USB to PS2 converter. On PS2 side I connected a PS2 - DB9 converter. It might sound stupid but I will try with that. Otherwise I will buy one console cable

Thanks a lot. I am now able to login to the router successfully

yazai_200
Level 1
Level 1

password recovery

yesterday I was trying to login to my router with telnet, I configured ip on E0 with 10.2.15.100/24 and defualt-gateway with 10.2.15.1 but still no luck. Do I need to enable anything else?

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card