WebVPN traffic accross an IPSEC tunnel

Unanswered Question
Sep 5th, 2007

I am managing two remote locations. One uses an ASA5505 and the other uses an 831 Router. The two sites are connected via an IPSEC VPN Tunnel. In addition I've configured the WebVPN on the ASA device so that I can use the application access and port forwarding to telnet to a device on the inside of the ASA network.

By typing "telnet 127.0.0.1 3044" into a command prompt I am able to telnet into a device on the inside of the ASA network while I'm connected via WebVPN. Now I'd like to do the same telnet to another device on the 831 router's network. I've added the additional port forwarding commands so that port 3045 is forwarded as port 23; same as I did for port 3044 to access the first device. The only difference is that now I'm trying to forward to a remote location over the IPSEC VPN. I added the WebVPN's ip pool as interesting traffic on both sides of the IPSEC tunnel and denied NAT for that ip range also. But I'm having trouble.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to get this to work. -- My suspicion is that the WebVPN Client is not getting an IP Address assigned from the configured pool of addresses the way a standard VPN Client or SSL Client would, but I still don't know how to get that WebVPN traffic to cross the tunnel.

Thank you,

Chris

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion