cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Ciscoworks recommend???

londint
Level 1
Level 1

We need to buy a new Ciscoworks solution.

Please which will you recommend and why? Is it Ciscoworks on Windows or Ciscoworks on Unix (Solaris).

4 Replies 4

avmabe
Level 3
Level 3

It really depends on your preference, or the preference of the administrator of the machine.

I have run both CW on Solaris and on WindowsServers. I personally like the windows version better than on solaris, mainly b/c I don't really like solaris ;)

Hope this helps!

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

I would recomend the Solaris version if you or your organization has the skill set to support it as it scales better than the Windows version. If you use multiple network tools (such as Opsware, Concord, Spectrum, etc) it is much easier to automate the inventory reconciliation between them with unix.

My environment consists of about 6,000 Cisco devices (switches, routers, VPN concentrators, wireless access points) across a distributed hub and spoke network with MPLS core.

Thanks

Does the Solaris version have a goof feel GUI like the windows? We have expertise on both OS so going either way will not be a problem.

I wanted the one which will give me more functions and interoperability. We should be interfacing with HPOV.

Thanks

The Solaris and Windows web interface for LMS have the same look and feel. The only difference is the OS in the back end...Unix based vs Windows.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: