cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help - unity call handler transferring callers to external tollfree#

keakex1010
Level 1
Level 1

CallManager 3.3 & Unity 3.1. Remote site.... I have a menu/call handler that when callers press options 2 & 3, we want them to transfer to an external tollfree number. Currently it transfer to an internal huntgroup. If I enter tollfree number in the call handler/Call transfer/Yes, ring a subscriber at this extension: 9+Tollfree# (transfertype-release to switch), it puts the call in continuous "please wait for next available agent". Can someone point me in direction to allow the call to transfer to 800#??? Woould route/tranlastion pattersn need to be created? Thanks

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kelley,

Is the recording "please wait for next available agent" an Internal message? It could be what is being queued at the External Toll Free#

Rob

Rob,

It is our internal greeting. I thought it was the restriction table in Unity and allowed 91??????????*. I created a new CallHandler to dial 918001234567 but it gives our announcement "Thank you for calling the next agent will assist you" our MOH and then ERROR: "Sorry This system is temporarily unable to complete your call pls try again later goodbye" disconnects call

Hi Kelley,

You should probably delete that entry in the Restriction Table just to be safe, we don't want anyone hacking through for some sort of Toll Fraud :)

First thing to check is the CSS (Calling Search Space) for the Unity ports that are being used to dial the 1800#. Try using the same CSS on a test phone and make sure that it can call correctly.

Let us know,

Rob

I checked CSS and have one Unity_CSS. It did not have a LD partition in the "Selected" partition. I added the LD partititon but cannot restart devices now. As for test phone, I am at another location and do not have an ip phone. (this site is our only site with CM/Unity)

Rob - also for LD calls, the users enter a 3 digit code to dial. Where can I check to see what access codes are? will that affect the Unity ports in dialing a LD# becuase I entered 9+18001234567 in call handler....if that is case, do I need to enter the the code and then 918001234567

Hi Kelley,

I like your thinking here :) Usually people don't include 1-800 numbers as part of any Long Distance restrictions due to the "no cost" aspect of dialing them. See where you are after your reset and we can take it from there.

Here is the report that I think you are looking for. It will only look at 30 FAC Code Names at a time;

Configuring Authorization Code Name Reports

Only CAR administrators can generate the Authorization Code Name report. You can generate a report that shows the originating and destination numbers, the date and time that the call originated, the call duration in seconds, the call classification, authorization code name, and the authorization level for calls that relate to each chosen authorization code name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note For security purposes, the authorization code does not display; instead, the authorization code name (description) displays.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following procedure describes how to generate a report that shows the usage of specific authorization code names.

Caution Use CAR only during off-peak hours; otherwise, data collection and report generation could cause performance degradation on the Cisco CallManager system.

Procedure

Step 1 Choose System Reports > FAC CMC > Authorization Code Name.

The Call Details for Authorization Code Name window displays a list of all authorization code names that are configured in the system.

Step 2 In the List of Authorization Code Names box, choose the code names that you want included in the report.

Note You can choose up to 30 code names.

Step 3 To add the chosen code name(s) to the Selected Authorization Code Names box, click the down button.

The report will include all code names, for which data is available, that are listed in this box.

Step 4 In the From Date and To Date pull-down list boxes, enter the date range of the period for which you want to see authorization code name information.

Step 5 In Report Format, choose the CSV radio button if you want the report to generate in CSV (comma separated value) format, or the PDF radio button if you want the report to generate in PDF (portable document format).

Step 6 Click View Report.

The report displays.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080530997.html#wp1036674

This is where the Code name comes from - Authorization Code Name

Enter a unique name that is no more than 50 characters. This name ties the authorization code to a specific user or group of users; this name displays in the CDRs for calls that use this code.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00806b7ec4.html#wp1060300

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob - how long does 'Restart Devices' take? Now when I hit the options to internal # w/out pointing to a tollfree number, it sits in a loop of 'Please wait for the next available agent'. When I enter the call handler to route to 800#, it announces pls wait and then it rings continuously. I added the tollfree# in the restrction table to allow....out of ideas.

Hi Kelley,

Just to check, have we broken your production Call Handler?? A Restart Devices will take varying amounts of time depending on the number of devices that use the selected CSS, but usually just a few minutes. In the Restriction Table did you add the full 9-1-800# at the top of the list (with Allow = Yes)?

Let us know,

Rob

Yes, in restriction table created full 91800 number with allow.

It seems like most call handlers are working. Just a few I am looking into. I reset the servers early this morning not sure what other partitions i can add to call search space....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: