cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco does not comply to E.164 standard??

animeshpatel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are trying to implement click to call from the microsoft office communicator to our Cisco IP phones using Microsoft LCS and Cisco Presence server... we have nailed down most of the config except one....

It seems that when a phone call is initialted, the MOC follows the E.164 standard and sends the dialstring as +12345678900, but the call manager does not understand the "+" prefix.

if we remove the "+" from the dialed string, the call is completed. One of the Cisco rep told me that we will need to remove the preceeding "+", however this is the Internatinal dialing standard. It is hard to understand that Cisco does not follow E.164 standard.

If anyone has a workaround regarding how to get the call manager to understand the preeceding "+" with the dialed digits, please let us know.

Thanks in advance!

14 Replies 14

Not applicable

In CCM, digit manipulation first discards the prefix then apply with transformation for the called number, then prefix the digits and send to the destination. You can apply called party transformation and a prefix to route the calls throguh CCM

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

The best way I found was to use the Application Dial rules.

These can interpret the + symbol. the only down side is that it requires you to know how many digits are in the dial string.

You can then strip the + and prefix whatever you like. Not the most elegant and it would be much easier to be able to specify + in route patterns but there you go.

Paul

Ivan Villagomez
Level 1
Level 1

Can you explain a little more your solution? i have the same problem using CCM 6, CUPS 6 and OCS 2007.

For example using outlook 2007 you add a contact with the extension +6110 click to call and it works, CCM removes the + and dial the extension which is another ip phone.

But when i add a contact with a local phone number for example +52 8180000000

+52 = contry code

81= area code

i click to call and i only hear an invitation to dial in the ip phone.

if i remove the + from the local phone it works.

been trying to use application dial rule using

Number begins with = +

Number of digits =13

Total digit to removed = 1

ldmccalla
Level 1
Level 1

on CME you can get away with this:

num-exp +.......... ..........

I don't know what the equivalent config is for the call-manager.

I am also testing the integration testing with OCS 07 and CCM 6.0

Since i know the OCS can only manipulate digit with a + sign (i.e. E.164 format) But how to use application dial rule to add / remove the + digit when calling to / from CCM phones.

I would like to know how to set this up as well. I cannot get the application dial rules to apply to outbound calls, do they only apply to applications such as webdialer and IPMA?

I got it working, the problem was that you need to restart the Presence Proxy Engine everytime you make a change.

Hi ivillagomez,

do you mind sharing how you finally get it work for using the application dial rule for calling between OCS client and CCM Phones??

These are my application rules:

Name Number Begins With Number of Digits Total Digits to be Removed

Strip +52 +52 13 1

Strip +04 +04 14 1

Strip +01 +01 13 1

Strip + Ext + 5 1

the + symbol is a kwnon issue at Cisco, and a patch will be release in the begginning of the second quarter 08. also IP Communicator is not working with OCS and PResence Server.

Consider that when you send your caller id to the OCS you are not sending the +, and the OCS will not be able to find that extension on the AD, thus, when someone is calling you, on the MOC you will only see the ext number and not the caller name.

hello,

i have the calls working with sip trunk between lcs and ccm 5.1.2. My problem is that i receive the full E.164 number in a call from communicator to an ip phone via sip trunk.

Is there anyway to mask the prefix digits and send just the extension in the calling number, to appear just 4 digits in the ip phone?

Example:

LCS-----calling---->IP Phone

In the ip phone the calling number is +351212234000. I would like just to have 4000 (extension from communicator).

Can you help me manipulating calling number in this case?

Thanks

Met

Hi, translation-profiles and rule work well in stripping and changing digits, including the + sign.

in a call coming from lcs<->sip trunk<-> call manager?

Nice tip! Helped me today! 5 points to you and thanks!

aleksey.feldman
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

LiteScape's UC application, OnCast, utilizes phone masking to enable click to call using MOC and Cisco IP phones and CallManager.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: