cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring E1 to T1 on 6509 FlexWAN

naeem.shah
Level 1
Level 1

Currently, when I look at the module, it list all of the controllers as T-1. I cannot change any of the ports to an E1.

I believe however you set up the card initially then that is the standard it will support. Is there a way to turn up a E-1 between US and Germany when the provider in Germany is handing off a E1 and over here we are getting a T-1? Perhaps only use the first 24 channels of the E1 in Germany? Can both standards co-exist like this? Thanks all for help.

So, simply put, can one end(2841 with e1/t1 module in Germany) and other end in US(6509 FlexWAN module with T-1 controllers configured) would work if the provider handed T-1 signaling in US and E-1 in Germany, but on the controller card in Germany we only used the first 24 channels to match the 1.5m of a T-1. Thank you all for your help.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, this is the way intercontinental circuits between north america and the rest of world are provisioned. Full T1 in the US, E1 with 24 timeslots in Europe.

The exception is the UK where I've heard that telco also provision T1 for this kind of connections.

Hope this helps, please ratepost if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco