cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Push2Phone - Send Text to Phone

kurtmarvin
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a push2phone program in asp.net that allows for sending text messages to phones, and I was unable to find a free one online so I created my own. I have it working on call manager 4.1(3). It might work with other versions as long as they use the devicelistx.asp file. Here is a link to the program. I also have included screenshots in the download so you can see what the gui looks like before installing.

http://rapidshare.com/files/53657785/IpPhoneMessenger.zip.html

Any suggestions? Comments?

Thanks

Kurt

45 Replies 45

Thanks for a nice application.Just have one question: which phone models are currently supported? (i'm interested in 7911 and 7912)

Sorry about the really late response.

I have only tested this on 7941 and 7940's.

Kurt

yannick.methot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kurt,

I tried to install your app.. But i get this error message... do you know what is?

Server Error in '/IpPhoneMessenger' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section 'connectionStrings'

Source Error:

Line 10:

Line 11:

Line 12:

Line 13:

Line 14:

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\IpPhoneMessenger\web.config Line: 12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

I got the same error when I set it up. Anyone know how to fix this?

Actually, I figured it out. In IIS, you have to use ASP.NET version 2.0. Once I change that, it's working perfectly.

Kurt,

is there a way to make this work from an ip phone? A user presses a services url button and that pushes a pre-set message to a group of phones.

Thanks,

Dragi

PhoneTop Messenger does exactly what you are looking for. It allows users to push out pre-typed text messages or live audio pages from an IP phone to other IP phone groups. If you want to type the text message yourself, you can use web interface as well. PhoneTop has gotten many awards from Cisco IP Telephoney User Group (CIPTUG), including "Best in Class".

Sorry about the extremely late response.

Yeah...This sounds pretty cool i'll see if i can try to add this into the app.

Thanks,

Kurt

seanbelize
Level 1
Level 1

Followed all the instructions and cant get it to work. When I run the app I receive a message saying:

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:

This website requires you to log in.

Try PhoneTop Messenger. It is really easy to install and set up and you get very good support even before you purchase it.

For anybody having problems getting this working, just do the following:

Delete the following line from web.config file:

Make sure your IIS virtual site is running ASP 2.0 (in my computer management, go under Internet Information Services,Web Sites, right click your virtual site and click properties, click the ASP.net tab, and choose 2.0.

Ensure the files in this site are all running from the root directory of your web site. The main files access other files such as the MasterPage.master file and it assumes it is starting from the root, so do not use the folder IpPhoneMessenger, but instead copy the contents of that directory into the root IIS folder.

During your testing, open the page on a browser from the server locally so you get more detailed errors within your testing web browser.

Other than those, the application is very cool and the code looks pretty good too. I cleaned ours up a bit and made it work with the above errors, but it was minimal effort required. Gratz on a job well done!

Thanks everyone for the help. I can see the website, configure messages to be sent, however, the messages do not appear on the targeted phone. Anyone experience this too?

You probably need to ensure the account specified in the config file has access to the phone. In CCM ensure the user account is created and associate all phones with that user account.

Checked that already. Is there anything else, perhaps on the CCM that needs to be setup/configured? Are there any illegal characters not allowed in the device description?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: