Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 connection between router 3745 and siemens central

mostafamossad
Level 1
Level 1

i have customer need to make E1 connection between siemens pbx and 3745 router

so i need the part number for the module i need on router 3745 and on the siemens central it self and i need to know if there any considration i must know

i hope any one answer me as fast as he can

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For the router, you need VWIC-1MFT-E1 or VWIC2-MFT-E1/T1 and AIM-VOICE-30.

For the PBX, ask siemens.

Then the constrains depends on what you are trying to do.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

thank u for helping but i need to know what is the function of the AIM-VOICE-30 and why i need it

It's a DSP, that is the hardware that converts voice into IP packets and vice-versa.

As an appreciation to those providing answers, please rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

The AIM-VOICE-30 has a limited support for high-complexity voice codecs (G.729, G.723.1 etc). It support up to 16 concurrent calls that use these codecs.

If you need full support - 30 calls for E1 or 24 calls for T1 - you will need a NM-HDV or a NM-HDV2 module.

Take a look at these URLs to mount your solution: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a00800e73f6.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008007c8ea.html

Regards,

True, but you can install two modules if needing 30 high-complexity calls.

For complete information there is to say however that some user were disappointed with the features of the AIM-VOICE-30, so the NM-HDV2 with PVDM2 can be a better choice as it uses newer DSP technology.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: